Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Thomsen Family Tradition

Well, it was that time again! Time for our 53rd annual family reunion at Doheny State Beach in Dana Point. Last year we decided not to camp, and this year was no different. Jose and I decided that next year may be the year we can finally camp with Ella. She is just SO active and we didn't think she would sleep that great in a tent yet. Also, I was super sick this year and was in no shape to camp overnight. We originally planned on arriving to the beach early, but I was in pretty bad shape. We decided to let Ella and I hang low and nap in the morning, then head out around 3. A few hours was about all I could handle. We arrived at about 4:00, and Ella was so excited to see her Grandpa Doug and Debs, her Grandma Great, and all of her aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Grandpa Doug lives in Park City, Utah, and Ella is always very happy when she gets to spend some time with him. It didn't take her too long to warm up, and off she went to give lots of hugs, play in the sand, and roll down the very large sand hill.






Jose and Ella had a great time too, playing in the sand and enjoying some time together. These smiles are just so precious to me. I love these two more than humanely possible!



Jose and I managed to take a pic too. Thank goodness for Instagram. You can't see my horribly red nose from blowing it about 20,000 times on Friday!




On Sunday, we again decided to go in the afternoon after Ella's nap, but little miss had no intention of napping. After being in her crib for about 45 minutes, we decided to get packed up and head down. We made it down by 1:00 and had another lovely afternoon with family and friends. I was feeling much better by Sunday so I was actually able to be a bit more involved with Jose and Ella, and my entire fam!

My Sis, J, and the boys came down too, so Ella was extremely excited to see Gar and Grayson. They kept her company most of the afternoon playing in the water, sand, and flying kites! 


On our way!



Look Mom and Da! Can I go in?


Way too cold Be. Maybe next year!


Watching Deb, Gar, and Gray fly a trick kite. So cool!



Some love for Gramps!


Try to catch me if you can!


Next stop.... helmet shopping!



I love this pic my cousin Sean took at his campsite. I could not be more proud to be a Thomsen! Going to Doheny is such a beautiful tradition that my family celebrates every year. I cannot wait for Ella to experience all of the fun and excitement this traditions holds. Until next year!





3 comments:

  1. So sweet and such a fun tradition with your family! You and Jose look like babies in that picture of you two and I LOVE the one where he's holding Ella on the skateboard. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see you all as well. Ella is so adorable. Luv ya guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! So jealous you get to go to the beach! I think if I lived near a beach I'd be a beach bum, haha! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete