Monday, April 2, 2012

Doheny

Every year around Easter time, my family (Thomsen side) gets together for a huge camping trip to Doheny State Beach in Dana Point. My dad camped here as a young boy, My Mom and Dad brought Brooklyn and I here as babies, and my hope is to continue this wonderful family tradition with Ella for years to come.





This is me and my Gramps! Don't laugh at the RAD hair!

This year had a very different tone from years past. On Saturday, March 24th, my beautiful cousin Maria passed away. It was completly unexpected, and our entire family is mourning the loss of our beautiful Maria. Her presence was deeply missed, and I continue to pray for her husband Brian and my entire family as they deal with the loss and sorrow of losing Maria so unexpectedly.



Brian, Maria, Grams, and Gramps 2010


Chris, Frankie, Grams, Uncle Frank, Aunt Sue (Dad's Sis), Teresa, Ang, Maria, Gramps, and Renee 2010

I love and miss you so much cousin. God has gained a beautiful angel.


Jose, Ella, and I decided not to camp this year and to go down to the beach on Saturday and Sunday for the entire day. We were able to spend some time with my dad on Saturday before he headed up to San Luis to visit his sister. I always love seeing my dad, and I know Ella does too! We had a wonderful day catching up and enjoying my Dad's company. Our visits are NEVER long enough!



A morning stroll around the campsite.


Dad, Ella, and Jose


Gray, Ella, and Grandpa enjoying the waves!

Ella was such a good girl the entire weekend, although I think all the people trying to give her love and attention was a bit overwhelming. Not to mention she has started to have a little separation anxiety, and didn't really want to be separated from Mama or Dada. 

She loved the sand, and after putting an entire handful in her mouth, learned her lesson and didn't really attempt that again (although I tried to keep a Nuk in her mouth if we were IN or NEAR the sand!)






Jose, Ella, and I took a beautiful walk to the Dana Point Marina on Sunday and had some yummy fish and chips and shrimp tacos at the Marina. Ella was such a trooper the entire way and even enjoyed a few yummy french fries during lunch. (Don't worry, she had pears, apples, cheese, and some crackers too!)




After our walk, Ella had a chance to play with her cousins. They sure do love their cousin Ella!







Sunday is always the annual Thomsen Family Horseshoe Tournment and this year my cousins added a 5k run/walk for everone to participate in dedicated to Maria and her husband Brian. The kids even had a fun run! I know Maria would've loved to see this! Jose, Ella, and I couldn't get down as early as it started, but it sounded like a blast. I hope it continues to be part of our yearly tradition. It  now holds a very special meaning for our entire family.


The classy tournment trophy!


Gray and Garin after their run. Too cute! I love these two so much.

Well, I think that about sums up our weekend! I loved seeing all of my family, and spending some much needed time with my Dad, Sis, J, and the boys.

Until next year . . . . . . . . . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment