Monday, July 16, 2012

Ella is ONE!



 Happy First Birthday Ella Catherine!

It's so hard for Jose and I to believe that our sweet, little girl is ONE! This has been a year of so many new adventures for our family, and I have loved every minute watching our baby girl grow in to the "big" girl she is now. 


I was so lucky to have had my dearest friend Megs take a few photos of Ella for her birthday. As most of you know, this is pretty impossible with a one year old. Overall she did great, and Megs was able to get several cute pics. It did help having reinforcements to help. Thanks Jose, Dust, and Dono for keeping the smiles coming! Here's a few of my favorites. 



We spent her birthday, which was July 5th, spending time celebrating as a family. Jose took the day off work ( so sweet) and we spent the morning enjoying a birthday breakfast, some play time with new toys, and a nice morning nap. Ella's grandparents were very eager to see their girl, so we headed over to my Mom's for a quick visit before heading over to Jose's parents for a birthday celebration!

My Mom normally spends the summer at their home in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, but she won't be leaving until after Ella's birthday on the 7th, so she loves any chance she gets with her "little angel". Ella enjoyed opening a few presents from Grandma,  had a yummy cookie, and spent a little play time with Grams in the backyard. 





Then it was time to visit Abuelo y Abuela Garcia. Ella is their first grandchild and boy do they love and spoil her. I had no idea what we were walking in to when we arrived! Jose's parents had everything. Presents, balloons, and cake. The perfect birthday treat. 

Jose's Mom has been eagerly waiting for the right time to give Ella her first necklace and bracelet. Well, today was the day! It was so special, and they both fit her personality beautifully. I was surprised that once both pieces were on, she hardly noticed them at all.  They are just too cute!

After presents, it was cake time. I was a little sad because I wasn't anticipating this and I wanted her smash cake to be the very first cake she saw and ate. But, I went with the flow and I'm so glad I did. She LOVED it! It was so cute to see her reaction and how she slowly picked a few pieces, then picked the entire cake up with her hands and went to town. Unfortunately, we were too busy watching her, that we didn't really get any good pics. I did get a pic of the cake beforehand, and a adorable pic of Ella when I took the cake away! Isn't she the sweetest when things don't go her way?




After a fun filled afternoon, we headed home for her afternoon nap and an evening at home just the three of us.

 It was a wonderful day, celebrating the sweetest gift in the world.  We are so blessed to have you in our life. We love you more than you know. Happy Birthday Bella. 

(I'll post about her party and 12 month update tomorrow. Someone just woke up from a nap.)

1 comment:

  1. That little cupcake dress is to die for. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete