Monday, July 30, 2012

Beach Day!


Last Sunday, Jose, Ella, and I headed to our favorite spot in Carlsbad for a fun family beach day. It was a bit overcast (which was perfect for Ella), but we didn't let that stop us from having a fun filled day.



Ella loves the sand, and when I say LOVE, I mean she cannot get enough of it. I bought her a few new sand toys, but all she wanted to do was play with her bucket, water, sand, and rocks. It was so cute. We are still at the stage where she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Does this ever end? She wanted to eat everything, including sand, seaweed, rocks, you name it. I can't wait for the "phase" to be over! Jose is awesome, and always keeps a very close eye on her. It takes both pairs for us to prevent anything from being swallowed. (One call to poison control is enough for the month.) Even though she eats everything in sight, I love that she loves the sand and dives right in. She never makes a fuss and always has the best time. Can't you tell?


Ella had a field day with my chair. Anytime I wasn't in it, which was NEVER, she was! This is Ella climbing up onto the chair, turning around, and facing forward. Such the little climber and so fast. 


If you have read any of my previous posts, you know how much Ella loves the water. Well, the ocean is no exception. This girl would run right in if Mom or Dad was willing to go in with her. It wasn't freezing, but it was pretty cold. Too cold for a baby for sure. I was the photog, so here are a few pics of Ella with her Dada. She sure does love her da!


We are SO extremely lucky to live in a beautiful city, with tons of amazing beaches. We're even luckier because it only takes about 15 minutes to get there. It was the perfect day with my two loves. I see many more trips in the coming weeks before our summer comes to an end.

Until next time. . . . .


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment! Your little girl is so precious! I love her swimming suit...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete