Saturday, June 28, 2014

Silly Girl

Hi there. I hope everyone's summer is off to a great start!

Jose and I were talking the other night and laughing at all the silly things Ell does on the daily. She's too cute(well we think so) and says the funniest things. I had to share both the good and not so good moments.

If you follow me on Insta, you probably have already heard this one! Lately, Ell has been resisting naps, which is driving this Mama crazy. Well, when I go in to tuck her in again and rub her back, she says, in the most serious of voices, "Mama, only babies go night night!" Needless to say, most days I swoop her up and we're on with our day.

Just recently she started saying NEVER when ever I ask her to do something. She says it with so much expression(and attitude) it's crazy! This is how it usually goes down…. "Catherine(I call her by her middle name most of the time) you cannot take Madeline's toys home with you in the car. Can I please have them so I can give them back to her?" She proceeds to whip them away from me saying, "NEVER!" I then ask her not to use that word in that tone and she then whispers in the sweetest of voices, "never." I have to hold back the laughter folks. I'm the worst. A battle using ensues and she heads straight in to time out for talking back to Mama.

Speaking of time outs. Lately when she is super over tired, usually due to lack of naps, she has complete meltdowns over the slightest thing. It's SCARY! Well…. as of late she has been saying exactly what I say, even in the same voice as me. It sounds a little like this. "Ella, do NOT throw that in the house again! (she then throws something) Ella, TIME OUT for two minutes. Sit down here please." Then she says……. "No mama, YOU time out. Two minutes. Sit DOOOWWWWN! Yikes. We're in for it. This is where I really work on my Mommy patience. When did she turn into a teenager?

On a lighter note. Here are some of our favorite answers from Ell:

"What's your name?" I

"Noooooo… What's your name?" Ewwa

"What's Mommy's name?" Babe

"What's Daddy's name?" Babe

Last month she started calling people honey. It's so funny. Her Titi says it a lot, so we know she got it from her. I die. It's SO sweet.

She calls all kids her buddies or peoples. "Where's my peoples Mommy?"

Whenever Jose or I have to leave for work she says, "I want to go to work tooooooo!" Makes leaving super hard, but it sounds so sweet.

She's such a love bug. She says she loves us all the time, and gives tons of besitos. Such a sensitive, loving heart. Might have something to do with the fact that I tell her I love her many times throughout the day and I'm always kissing her. I just can't help myself!

If we are going somewhere she says, "Where are going? Don't forget I!" (I would never forget you Be.)

She's still really inquisitive, so every 5 seconds I hear "Happened?" or "Why?"

Every time she's done on the potty she says, "Is Mommy so proud of I?" I sure am love!

I have loved watching Ell's little personality grow as she gets older. It is filled with the sweetest of voices, crazy amounts of expression, a whole lot of sass, a little attitude, some drama, and most of all, the most loving and sweet heart. Although many moments are hard, she brings so much joy in our lives every day.

How can you not love this sweet face?!



Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend. This little nugget is going to be three, one week from today.

Bring on the Mama tears…….


post signature

1 comment:

  1. You are right....Ella is beyond adorable!!! SOOOO lovely to see you yesterday. What fun it was. Tell Jose that he is very talented. I LOVE Emme's gift. Hope to see you soon. Have a great summer. Kisses for bitty Ella!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete