Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Our Visit to The Happiest Place on Earth

A few days before Ell's Birthday, Jose, Ell, and I headed up to Anaheim to visit the Happiest Place on Earth …. Disneyland! Jose and I decided a few months back that we wanted to take Ell for her 3rd birthday. I knew we weren't going to do a party, so we thought this would be the perfect thing to do, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!

I wish I could've bottled up Ell's PURE joy and excitement when we were there. She was in heaven.

The park opened at 8:00, so we decided to leave the house by 6:15, so we could get there in enough time before the gates opened. After a quick stop at Starbucks, we were on our way and arrived around 7:30. After parking and taking the bus to the front entrance, we were through Main Street right as they were letting everyone in. It was perfect timing!

We headed straight to Fantasyland, and the fun began. It was super crowded, but I feel like we were still able to do and see a lot. Here's a run down . . . . . .

Fantasyland
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Dumbo's Flying Elephants
  • Teacups
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats
  • It's a Small World



Jose was such a great sport and went on both of these rides. There is no way I could've done it. I get super dizzy and nauseous from rides that spin!

Tomorrowland
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Disneyland Railroad

Mickey's Toontown
  • Donald's Boat
  • Mickey's House
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
  • Gadget's Go Coaster (3 times!)


Mickey's Soundsational Parade

Ell loved this parade. It had all of her favorite Disney characters, and the music was awesome. She was so excited the entire time!







Character Meet & Greets
  • Pluto
  • Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Goofy
  • Rosetta and Tinker Bell in Pixie Hollow
Watching Ell interact with these characters brought Jose and I so much joy. She LOVED saying hi, giving kisses, and showing off her Minnie shoes TO Minnie(thanks Tyler!). It was the sweetest thing we've ever witnessed. 

She was so perplexed as to why they couldn't talk to her. She kept saying, "Can Minnie talk?" Why isn't Mickey talking?" It was so funny. She still talks about it!










Getting a chance to meet Rosetta and Tink was an absolute dream for Ell. She was beyond excited, and loved meeting them. The morning after we went, she was talking about all the fun she had, and I said, "Wasn't it so fun to meet Tink?" She said, "The Tink people!" I was cracking up. Can't get anything past her. Duh Mom, it's not REALLY Tink and Rosetta. They are Pixie Hollow People!






This pic is my favorite! 


We also spent some time visiting Main Street. She was in complete awe! We were able to get her two super cute pins. One with Happy 3rd Birthday Ella and the other for Her First Visit! I will keep these forever.




It was such a memorable day that we will cherish forever. Until next time Disneyland!

Hoping to get Ell's 3 year old post up soon! Stay tuned. . . . . .


post signature

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me SO HAPPY! You can tell how excited she was just looking at them, and I'm sure it was a million times better in person! And I'm so jealous y'all go to ride It's A Small World; I'm still bummed it was closed while we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cuteness! I can not stand her Minnie gear and shy little smiles! She looks SO happy. Glad you guys had a chance to go together. A priceless memory to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pictures of her with the characters are so sweet! You can just see her joy in that smile! My sister and I are always talking about taking our little ones someday soon! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete