Sunday, November 16, 2014

Chugga, Chugga, Choo, Choo!

On Tuesday, My Mom and I took Ell on her first Sprinter ride. 

It runs right along our surrounding neighborhood, so we always see it on our route to school, or alongside the freeway when we drive. Ell has always wanted to go for a ride, so what better way to spend our Veteran's day holiday then taking a ride, enjoying all of our freedoms so many have fought so hard for us. Gosh we are so lucky. 

Here she is with her Gigi purchasing tickets. I couldn't believe how affordable it was. Only $3.00 for all three of us to ride all the way down to Oceanside. It took us about 45 minutes with all the stops, and dropped us about a 1/2 mile from the water. It was perfect!


She loved seeing the tracks up close. She kept saying, "We cross these tracks in the car Mama!" 


Waiting at our stop! 


Of course she wouldn't look at the camera with Mama.



 So, so excited!


Still waiting, so we decided to take a pic!


Time to board,


and the fun began. She was in awe of all the sites along the way, and she was such a good girl. I was a little worried, but she did great, and was so excited the entire time. Love creating these memories with my sweet girl. 



When our ride came to an end, we walked to the end of the Oceanside Pier and had lunch at Ruby's. It was such a beautiful day, and Ell loved every minute of it. 



After a quick stop at the playground, we hopped back on the train, and headed home. 


We will definitely be taking this fun adventure again, but next time we want Dada to go. 


I can't end this blog post without sharing this picture of my biggest hero, my Grandpa Oge. Not only was he an amazing husband, loving father and grandfather, but he also fought with the many brave men and women in WWII. We lost him in February, and there's not a day that goes by where I don't think about him. 

Wasn't he so handsome?!!


Thank you for all that you did for our country. 
I miss you so much Gramps, and love you more than you know. 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Ella's excited face is just priceless! What a great idea. Maybe Donovan and I need to tag along on your next adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete