Thursday, June 14, 2012

11 Months

Ella Catherine is 11 Months Old!


I can't believe the next time I'll place a sticker on Ella's cute little onesie she'll be ONE! This month has been very adventurous. Our "little" girl is growing up way too fast and continues to grow and learn each day. I know I say this a lot, but it's pretty remarkable. I am in awe of her development and have loved watching her discover new things. This has been a month of firsts, and we couldn't be more thrilled for our girl.

I don't feel like I can say Ella is a walker, but she is definitely walking! She took her first steps May 26th, then on June 2nd she took several (about 6). Now, she is completely walking on her own. It's too cute for words. Every day she is getting stronger and stronger and is willing to take more risks.

Ella is so curious now that she is completely mobile. She loves climbing up and into anything. The dining room table, our bar stools, and any open cupboard she can sneak her way into seems to be her favorite. It's amazing how much she can now get in to. There's definitely no downtime with this speedy girl!





We've been in the pool a lot this month. My Mom has a beautiful pool so we get to go all the time! She went in the pool for the first time on Mother's Day with no fear at all. She couldn't wait to get in. Since then, she's  swam with her best buddy Donovan, and we also purchased a pool for our patio for days we can't go to my Moms. I'm so glad she loves the water. Just like her Mama!







Jose and I realized this month that we may already have a problem on our hands! This girl loves her paci and juicy. If she doesn't have one or the other in her hand, it's a shock. I usually just mix a small amount Motts for Tots Fruit Punch or Apple Juice with mostly water. I'm so glad she loves to drink and she stays super hydrated all day. I just hope it doesn't become to much of an attachment item. I think it may be already.



Ella still loves bath time with her Dada. She is so happy and loves splashing around. She still gets her bath around 7:00 each night and is down for bed by 7:30. She's a sleeping champ and sleeps until about 6:30. I'm so glad she's sleeping in a little later. Even if it is only 45 minutes. It makes Mama really happy! Her naps are still pretty consistent. One morning nap around 9:30 and an afternoon nap around 2:30. Both are about 1.5 hours. Sometimes she won't settle down for her afternoon nap and just plays in her crib for about 45 min. At least it's some quiet time. For her and for her Mama.


Afternoon walks are still a favorite for us. She loves her stroller and enjoys looking around at all the sights.


Ella continues to be a wonderful eater. She loves fruit, especially berries. Her favorites this month include yogurt, meatballs, mac and cheese, and Ritz crackers. I'm still waiting to try peanut butter and eggs, but other than that this girl eats anything! We're so lucky.


Ella participated in her first Bay Bridge walk. We went with our good friends Juan and Nicole. We had a blast and Ella was a champ! It was super crowded, but we made it! Such a fun event, and so beautiful. Not many people can say they walked across the Coronado Bridge. Now we can!



Ella had a bit of a hectic month with childcare this month. Cori's son Peyton had a horrible bike accident and was in the ICU for 3 weeks! This meant no Cori on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She sure did miss Cori and the boys. Peyton is her favorite buddy and she was so excited when we went to Children's Hospital for a visit. This picture just melts my heart. They're all so close. We're so lucky to have them in our lives.


Well, I thinks that's it. We had a very busy month. I'm looking forward to a much calmer June. Schools out and I get to spend EVERY DAY with my sweet girl. I can't wait!

This month was a JOKE trying to get a picture. We tried twice, once with just Ella and I, then a few days later I called in Jose for some help. Thought having Daddy in the room would do the trick. Well.... let's just say that wasn't much of a success either. Her photos are pretty comical, but it really shows how active our little miss is. Not only will Ella not stay still, but she won't keep any bow or headband in her hair! It's killing me. Here are a few shots of our fabulous photo session!


This is her new "Mean Face"!


Look over here Ella!


Ohhhhh, I have a sticker on . .. . . . .


and a bow in my hair?


Ok Mom and Dad, this is as good as it gets!

We love you more than you know Ella Catherine.

Until next month . . . . . .

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are making me SAD!!!! How can she be so big already? I feel like you were just asking me if I could tell the differences between month one and two! Ella is so precious. Love her bath picture with her great big smile. I am so looking forward to summer time with our littles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS pretty sure I need instagram. Love that first shot so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures...hopefully this will post since I am on my regular computer! I love all of the pictures...Love the "mean face" have a feeling we will be getting many of those down the road!

    ReplyDelete