Sunday, March 11, 2012

8 Months!

Ella Catherine you are 8 months old!!



This month proved to be another tough month in the photo department. Luckily Jose was able to help me out and I think we were able to get a few good ones. Excuse the heavy drool all over Ella. She seems to be teething and it is constant. I think her adorable smile makes up for the messy outfit.

We've been having so much fun this month. I'd have to say I am loving this age. She is so independent and just loves to be on the move. I feel like we haven't had many firsts this month other then moving to the bath tub(no more infant tub) and also moving in to her big girl car seat. She seems to LOVE both!


Here she is in her tub. We purchased a mat for the bottom and she stays perfectly in place. She loves crawling all around and playing with her bath toys. We also purchased a cute little ducky that goes over the faucet. She was knocing her head all the time so now it's safe. She doesn't even seem to notice the ducky!



Here's her big girl car seat. Ella really enjoys being able to look out and see everything as it passes by. I frequently roll the window down and she thinks it's the greatest thing ever. We are so lucky to have such a happy, sweet girl. Sleeping is a bit challenging in the new seat, but I purchased a nifty head pillow and it works pretty good. It's just a bit bulky. I try to only use it on long rides when I know she may take a nap.

Ella's sleeping and eating patterns have remained the same, although she does seems to want more solids and finger foods. Ella LOVES to eat and I'm beginning to think it's time to introduce a few more foods. I plan on introducing strawberries, avocado, cheese, yogurt, and crackers this month. We'll see how it goes.

Ella can still wear some of her 6 month clothes, but not her pants! I purchased some 9 month pants about mid month, and they are aleady floods on her. So, I bought some 12 month pants and they fit perfectly! For the most part, she wears 6 and 9 month dresses, sweaters, and shirts and 9 and 12 month shorts, skirts, and pants. Her shoe size is still a 2. It's pretty crazy to see her in such big sizes. I'll be anxious to see how much she weighs and how long she is at her 9 month appointment in April.Our little girl is growing so fast!

A few funny things Jose and I have noticed this month is she makes the funniest clicking sounds with her tongue, she sticks her tongue out, blows bubbles, and makes the loudest screaming sounds. All of which she finds extremly entertaining. Jose and I just laugh. It's so fun to see her little personality shining through.

Here are a few additional photos that I thought were pretty cute. As you can see, she is all over the place. Ella crawls faster than I thought possible, stands up on EVERYTHING, and will not sit still. I miss my little cuddle bunny who would sit with her Mama. Not a chance!






We love you so very much Ella Catherine. Our lives would be empty without you. Te amo Bella!



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she already has that many monthly photos. Seems like just yesterday we were comparing month one and two together and seeing if we could notice the changes. Time is flying. She is as adorable as ever. Love the pic in the car seat. What a sweetie you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a girlie girl....LOVE IT!!! Isn't it just so much fun to see how much she changes month to month. While it would be lovely to freeze time, it is just precious to know that each phase is so much fun. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete