Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hey Batter Batter



Today Jose, Ella, and I FINALLY made it up to Ramona to see our newphews play some baseball. Garin and Grayson love baseball, and have been playing since they were 4. Garin has moved up to the Pinto league, so the games are a bit more action packed and feel like a real baseball game. He is such a powerful hitter and also has an amazing arm. Grayson is still in the shetland league, which means he still hits off the T. Not as exciting, especially when you have a little man who would rather be playing with his brother or on the play structure with his friends! He gets out there and tries his best. That's all that really matters anyway, right?

Justin has been the boys' coach for the last several years, and even while fighting the battle of his life, he continues to be part of Garin's team as assistant coach, and is the head coach of Grayson's team. I don't know how he does it! His chemotheraphy wipes him out, so the fact that he's out there every Saturday(ALL DAY) is pretty remarkable. I wish I had his strength!


Ella was such a good girl just hanging out enjoying some snacks and watching Garin play. She loved all the action. Lots to see and look at. When the game was over, Garin ran right over to his cousin. He loves her so much! We decided we'd go out on the field and let Ella stretch her legs. The boys couldn't wait to get their hands on their cousin.







Seeing these three together melts my heart. I love how much the boys love her and how gentle they are with her. Garin is constantly giving Ella kisses, and Grayson loves trying to make her laugh. Today as Garin was playing with Ella said, "Auntie, I'm going to be such a great babysitter!" I love seeing the bond these three are forming.

Before Ella, these two boys were my everything. I love them so much and have missed seeing them as much as I use to before I became a Mom. I feel so lucky to have them in my life, and Ella is one lucky girl too. I can't wait to see the friendship that develops between them in the years to come.

Happy Saturday. I hope your day was a great as ours!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are priceless. What sweeties they all are. Glad you guys had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post a comment when you first put this up and I had no luck. She is just adorable...give her kisses from all of us...miss you!

    ReplyDelete