Sunday, January 15, 2012

6 Months

Ella Catherine is 6 months old! Every month I feel like she learns and grows so much, and this month was no exception. Ella had her 6 month check up on the 7th, and weighed in at 16.6 pounds and 26.5 inches long.

Here are a few pics to illustrate her month. Enjoy!




Ella has continued to perfect her sitting skills. She LOVES sitting up and playing with all of her toys. You will rarely find her on her back or stomach playing. I just wish she could get up on her own. I also still have a pillow or her Bobby behind her because she still has some spills.


Bath time is still her favorite time of day! Her Daddy gives her a bath every night and she is now trying to get out of her tub. As you can tell in the picture, we have a little mover on our hands.

Changing Ella has become a huge struggle. We have to hold both legs down and hope that she doesn't flip over. Well, in this particular shot, Ella flipped and was nearly off the table. (Don't worry, Jose was right next to her!) I think it's time to change our girl on our bed or floor!


Ella still loves going bye byes. It's almost time to move her into a big girl carseat.This makes me super sad.

Ella is an amazing eater. She loves almost eveything she has tried. I feed her solids at breakfast and dinner and she drinks about 24 ounces of milk. We're down to four 6 ounce bottles a day. She loves oatmeal, apples, peaches, pears, bananas, sweet potatos, corn, carrots, and squash. I'm trying to be sure to give her a fruit and veggie with her oatmeal. Sometimes I can't feed her quick enough. I SO glad she's a good eater.


Ella has also started sitting in a highchair when we go out to eat. She's so cute and is such a good girl. She'll sit and look around the entire time. I can't wait until I can feed her solids at lunch.

I've also been able to put her in the shopping cart to shop. It's great because her Chicco carseat doesn't fit and it's been such a pain. I have to leave her with Jose if I have a long grocery list. This makes things so much easier for errands.

Last month I mentioned how great Ella had been sleeping during the night. Well, things have returned to "normal". She will sleep through the night about 3 nights a week. The other nights she's restless and up several times for her Nuk and one feeding. I'm REALLY trying not to feed her, but at 2 a.m, it's really hard not to calm her down with a bottle. I hope her night sleep improves soon. I never though I'd have a 6 month old NOT sleeping through the night. Although she isn't great at night, her naps are wonderful. She still takes a long morning nap, an afternoon nap, and sometimes an early evening one.

So, that's it. Oh wait! Her two bottom teeth have surfaced. They are so darn adorable. You'll notice them in the pics below.

Our photo session was quite an adventure. It seems to be harder and harder to get a good pic.



Can you tell the difference? I sure can!!



I love you sweet girl. You are getting so big!!
Until next month . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. So much personality this month!!! She's such a happy girl! It just gets better and better and the changing of the diaper gets harder and harder. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun spending time with you last Saturday. Your sweet girl is at such a fun stage - I am so excited to know I can follow you from here! xo

    ReplyDelete