Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lake Arrowhead

A few weekends ago we headed up to Lake Arrowhead with my Mom and Cortie and B and the boys. It was the first time we have taken a family weekend trip since we had Ella. I was a little hesitant to go, but My Mom and I went to Palm Springs for a few nights the week before, and she did great. SO, we thought we'd give it a try and see how a weekend away would go.

Ella is the worst car traveler. Any time longer than an hour is about her limit. She is just too active to have to sit still for that long. So, things started out great, she had some books, toys, the iPad, and snacks. She was all set!


Then we hit some traffic about an hour into our drive and we were stopped! It was horrible. We traveled 4 miles in about 75 minutes. BRUTAL does not even explain it. She was miserable and so were we. Jose thought I was so mean taking these pics, and now that I'm looking at them I kinda feel bad for our sweet girl. As soon as the traffic picked up, we decided to stop to let her stretch her legs, and up the mountain we went. Once we arrived, she was good to go!



My Mom and Cortie rented a very nice cabin for all of us. We are so lucky! The family had kids, so there were toys everywhere. It was absolutely perfect. Ella was in heaven and so happy. Especially when her cousins arrived. After we all got settled, we decided to head to the lake and grab some lunch. It is just so beautiful there and the little village is so cute. 

There were rides and of course ice cream! 






The next day we headed to Lake Gregory for a fun day on the lake swimming, paddle boarding, and kayaking. This was so special for me because as a young girl, our family went here every year. It brought back so many memories for me. I found this pic of my Dad and I many years ago. I really wanted to get a pic of Ella and Jose just like this, but it was not happening!!


Ella had such a fun time with her Dada and cousins on the lake, but we had to end things a little early due to thunderstorms. 







We finished up the night with an attempt to go out to dinner with Ella(that lasted about 5 minutes) and some time in the jacuzzi. 




Ella did great during the day, especially without any naps, but our nights were miserable hard! I think we need to get out girl out of the house a bit more. She is so comfortable with routine and did not love sleeping in her Pack 'n Play. We'll keep trying! Overall, we had a great time with family and loved getting a chance to spend some time together this summer. Thanks Mom and Cortie!!

Until next time Lake Arrowhead . . . . . . .


2 comments:

  1. How fun! I haven't been there since I was a kid. Love the picture of you and your Dad and glad you guys were able to make new memories of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had so much fun! The hot tub pictures look like so much fun and remind me of our week in Tahoe! Oh and that ice cream Ella is holding looks so good...leave it to me to comment on food!

    ReplyDelete