Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lately

I've been a complete slacker on the blog lately. I wish I had a great excuse, but the truth is we have just been really busy. Ell keeps us constantly on the move, which means Mom and Dad don't have a spare minute. We wouldn't have it any other way!

We've been having so much fun the last few months. Here's a quick recap. 

We finished up with Ell's ballet classes. She LOVED it, but we're going to take a break for a few months. I can't get over how cute she looked in her ballet outfits. So much fun. 



We'll see you soon Miss Trisha!


Ell with one of her besties Emily.



Valentine's day was so much fun this year, and our week was jam packed! It started off with Ell and I making her VDay cards for school. They exchanged twice, so we had to get two different ones to exchange on two different days. I found the first one at Paper Source, and the other one on Pinterest. There were so many free printables to choose from. I decided to make a fun little label to slap on the front, which turned out SO cute. The last one was for my students. I couldn't help it and of course they were thrilled to get a fun bookmark and treat. 


I found this fun one for Ell's teachers on Pinterest too. I mounted them on red card stock, added some ribbon to the front, and Ella signed her name. Good to go! Simple, cute, and they loved it. 


On Saturday(Valentine's Day), we headed over to Walnut Grove Park for a fun 5k. Ell's friend Elliot from school, and her sweet family, Kim, Adam, and Lily are adopting two siblings from Ukraine. Kimmy and Adam put on a wonderful 5k to help raise adoption funds. I can't think of a better place to spend our V Day morning! 

Kimmy is in the Ukraine now. Please pray for her and her family. Head on over to Kimmy's blog to read all about their adoption journey. 

Let's goooooooo! Ell and Dono ready to walk.


Twins! Ell and Emmers. Megs and I oviously have the same great taste in clothes. 


Later that night, we decided to head over to one of our favorite restaurants for a family Valentine's dinner. We went around 5 to avoid any crowds, so we were in and out and home by 7. We are party animals! Not. 


The restaurant gave Ell and I carnations when we walked in. So sweet. You bet she held on to it the whole night. A blurry phone pic, but I just love her to pieces.


My sweet girl.


We've had some play dates too. Ell loves her best bud Madeline, especially when they can hang in her room all by themselves and play. When did they become teenagers?! I had to sneak in for a pic.


We've also started swimming again. Our weather has been unbelievable, and we are soaking it up. Most days you can find us at the park, pool, or beach. Ell is slowing getting use to the water again, but definitely isn't swimming as well as she was at the end of the summer. Looks like we might need to get to the pool more often before June hits. 

Our fearless girl!


Loved having Em join us. They are so sweet together. Love watching their little friendship grow. 


We've been spending a lot of time with Gigi too. Ell LOVES her Gigi, and spending time with her when she's home. 




My Mom and Cortie stay in Carlsbad every year for the week. We headed down and had the BEST day. First beach day since October. We were itching to be back.





 Room with a view! So beautiful.


We had Ell's parent teacher conference a few weeks ago. Let's just say we need a whole post for that one! It was intense, I cried twice, and left feeling like a big baby! Ell's doing great, and I could not be happier with her learning environment this year. We are truly blessed. I'll fill you in on the rest soon.

Here she is right before we went in!


 They had chairs lines up just like we do for our conferences. I laughed as soon as I saw them. I had to document the occasion! 


It is so hard to believe it's already April. We've been on Spring Break this week(I'll post soon, I promise), and it's going to be June before we know it. These next few months at work are CRAZY, and seem to always fly by. I cannot wait for summer vacation to spend every single day with this sweet face. I can't come fast enough!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. good job on posting!!! you have been up to a lot of fun! let's meet at the beach this summer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete