Sunday, June 2, 2013

Goodbye May... Hello Summer!

It is finally June and I could not be happier. I have one more week of work(school) and then it's just me and my sweet Be for 2 1/2 months! This coming week is going to be super busy, so I just know it's going to fly by.

May was such a busy month for us, so I thought I'd do a quick recap through pictures. Where should I begin? Here are some of our highlights(and one HORRIBLE lowlight!)


Ella helping Tia Lulu wash her coche.


Playing with her favorite buddy Dono!


Being appreciated all week during Teacher Appreciation! It was amazing.


Watching Ella's love for books grow stronger and stronger. I'm just waiting for her to let me read to her again. She only wants to read on her own!


Ella has been helping me a lot in the kitchen lately. I LOVE this time with her.


A night out with two of my favs! We had such a wonderful time chatting, laughing, and eating(way too much yummy Mexican food). Love you girls.


Our Saturday Morning routine. Ella's favorite place to be!


Memorial Day at my Mom and Cortie's house. 

We spent the day lounging by the pool. It was heaven, and Ella had a blast swimming ALL day. Can I just add how absolutely precious this pic is. She LOVES these two so much. My Sis set up the boys on the ground and Ella wanted to be right in the mix. So cute!



Then, this happened! A car stalled out in front of me( in 45 mph traffic), I stopped just it time, but poor guy behind me wasn't so lucky. Needless to say, it's been a complete headache and it could not have happened at a worse time. Good news is, Ella was not in the car with me( I was headed to get her), and I only muscle soreness in my neck, arm, and chest. I had a chest X-ray and EKG and everything looked just fine. Nothing my pain meds can't relieve. Thank GOD no one was hurt! 

Thank you Mom for taking me to the doctor. Even at my age, I still need my Mama!



The next day, my principal and I took our top 10 grade level readers to tour the USD campus(in a limo) and have lunch. It is one of my favorite things to do each year. The kids have so much fun, and it is so neat to see the hope in their eyes as they look around a college campus. It was a great day!



Ella's year with Titi and Brielle is coming to a close. These two LOVE each other so much. Ella says "Brielle" and "Titi" about a million times a day. Thursday is going to be a sad, sad, day!


Megs finally had Emmerson this week, so you can imagine how excited I was to get over and hold her! She is just perfect. So beautiful and so tiny. Megs is my absolute hero and I am so proud of her. I can't wait to spend many summer days with this little Miss, Megs, Dono, and Ella!


And Today, Ella had her first haircut! She did such an amazing job. The salon had little race cars for chairs, and a train that circled around the ceiling. She loved it!  

I have never cut her hair before, so you can imagine how badly it needed to be cut. She had about 1/2 inch taken off around her head and boy did it make a difference. So much better. 


As I look at these pics, I come to the sad realization that my sweet little girl is getting SO big. She is going to be TWO in july. How did this happen?!

Can't wait for this week to be over and for my summer to begin. 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I love this post. (All but the accident of course!) So glad that I get to be a part of your life. Ella is so sweet in these pics. LOVE her hair cut. She's adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete