Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Day at the Park


A few weekends ago (yes, I know I'm behind) Jose, Ella, and I met my Mom and two nephews Garin and Grayson at Kit Carson Park for a picnic. We have been coming to this park for years, and it is the first time we have had a chance to bring Ella. The weather was beautiful considering we have had some weird rainy San Diego days the past several months. Ella was SO excited and ready for the fun!


Here she is, ready to go! We recently bought a City Mini Jogger and she (we) absolutely love it. I am also so shocked that she kept her hat on. Lately she immediately rips off any headband, bow, or hat that I attempt to place on her head. I'm a huge fan of bows and bands so this has been driving me nuts. I'm so glad she decided to keep her hat on today. She's pretty adorable if you ask me!


My Mom went to McDonald's for the boys and Jose and I packed some sandwiches and snacks for Ella. 
We found the perfect picnic table and had a wonderful lunch together.



Ella was so excited to be sitting on the grass with her sippy cup and snacks. After lunch we hit the swings and slide. We tried to put Ella in a swing when she was about 5 months old and she wanted  nothing to do with it. Well, as you can see, she LOVED it this time. Garin was a big help and pushed her for most of the time. You can see him in the background. Ella is so lucky to have two cousins who love her dearly. 



Now it was time for the slide. She was a bit scared the first time, but warmed up after a few rides. Jose was a great sport and went along for the ride!




I love this sweet girl so much and have loved all the new adventures we have shared as a new family. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment