Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ella's 1st Easter

Butterflies and bumblebees, 
Daffodils and budding trees. . . .
God is making all things new. . . .
We're so happy
He made you!


This is how God showed His love to us: He sent His only son into the world to give us life through Him.
1 John 4:9


Easter has always been a very special day for our family, and this year was even more meaningful having our sweet Ella Catherine join in the celebration! When Ella came into our lives, I felt as if God had given me the greatest gift of all. He has continued to bless our little family as we embark on our journey as a new family of three. It was a wonderful day, full of new beginnings and a celebration of life!



Ella's Easter started a few days early when Grandma Cathy came over with her first Easter basket. I knew she would love the eggs, and boy was I right. She dove right in and couldn't stop playing with all of her goodies. As you can imagine, we had eggs EVERYWHERE!



Easter morning, Ella woke up to her Easter basket from Jose and I. I just placed some eggs and a new cuddly giraffe inside. She has SO MANY toys, clothes, etc. so I wanted to  keep it super simple.


 I purchased her basket from Pottery Barn Kids, and I have a plan for the basket liner as the years progress. Each year, I'm going to have my Mom sew something related to Easter on the sides. There is plenty of room around her basket, so it looks like I'll be able to get at least 10 years out of this adorable basket. I think she's going to love it as she gets older. It's pretty darn adorable if you ask me!


After we spent some time together in the morning, we headed over to Jose's parents house for brunch.This basket was from Jose's family. She loves her new bunnies, and her Tia filled her basket with many adorable eggs for her to enjoy. As you can see, this little girl is loved by so many people. It's pretty amazing to see. 




Then, we headed over to my sister's house for a late lunch. My Mom was there, and we were able to enjoy some time outside in the beautiful sunshine. We also had an egg hunt with the boys. 


 Here she is with her Grandma Cathy.


She desperately wanted to join the boys for the egg hunt, but they were just too fast. It's going to be so fun next year when Ella is walking. I can't wait. Isn't the back of this dress precious?


Well, that's our Easter in a nutshell.I hope you all enjoyed your Easter as much as we did. It was a beautiful day. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Easter parade of dresses.....so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the dresses are too cute for words... but her sweet smile is what really makes these pics. Love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete