Monday, December 26, 2011

We Believe!


Last Christmas when I was pregnant with Ella, I always thought about what an exciting time it would be when Ella was finally with us. I knew she'd be about 6 months old, and I imagined her sitting up tearing open her presents, playing contently with all of her toys, and joining us at the table for Christmas Dinner in her high chair. It's funny, during the chaos of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I remembered these thoughts and laughed to myself as I was looking at our sweet girl enjoying all of these things. I couldn't help but get teary eyed thinking about this beautiful gift Jose and I have been given.

Growing up, Christmas was such a special time for our family, and I want to keep these same traditions with Ella. My Mom and Dad always made it so special and we never forgot the true meaning of this special day.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with your family, loved ones, and friends. Jose, Ella, and I had a magical day. We feel like we got the greatest present of all when Ella Catherine joined our family. We couldn't ask for anything more.





















Christmas Eve at Abuelo y Abuela's Casa!


(Please don't mind the heavy panting in the background. It's our Bulldog, Mischa!)

I know next year is going to be even better!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Holls, what a beautiful post! Babies are the greatest gift of all! We are so blessed. Merry Christmas to your sweet family! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I just love this post!!! Ella is so stinking cute! It looks and sounds like you guys had a good Christmas. Miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete