Friday, October 14, 2011

A Special Delivery

When I got home from work today, I had a special delivery waiting for me........ An unexpected letter from my dearest friend Kirsten. Inside I found the sweetest note and some new pictures of her sweet daughter Madeline and their recent family picture. I can't tell you how much this made my day!


She even included a treat for me because we can't get coffee together!




Kirsten and I have been friends since we were born! We grew up together, have taught together, have seen each other get married, have babies, and the list goes on. She is the exact definition on what a TRUE friend really is. The kind of friend you can always count on, no matter what!

When Kirsten moved to Park City to be closer to her parents (my dad and step mom live their too!) I was heartbroken. I still remember when she drove off, car loaded with her entire classroom that she just packed up. Although we wouldn't be able to see each other every day or talk on the phone every night, I knew we would still remain close and that she would still be that constant rock in my life.

Thank you for being the person you are, for always being there when I need you, and for making the end of a very long week super special.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so you just made me cry!! Thank you for all of the kind words!! They truly mean the world to me. I am sorry I can't be there...it makes me sad, but at least we still have each other!! I haven't been a great friend lately with us not having talked, but we will talk this weekend...give Miss Ella a big kiss for me!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete