Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meet Ella

July 5th, 2011 was the happiest day of my life. Although leading up to Ella's birth wasn't ideal, or at all how I imagined it would be, she entered the world at 5:56 p.m. via C-Section, weighing in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 19.5 inches long. Jose and I were so happy and blessed to have a healthy daughter join our family.

The days that followed were a bit of a blur, but we were finally able to take her home on Friday, July 8th.


Once home, Ella settled in beautifully. She LOVES her swing, and spends many hours sleeping the days away. I had many visitors come meet Ella and check in on Mom. I feel so blessed to have so many friends and family who have welcomed Ella into their hearts.


At her two day Dr. appointment, Ella had gained back her birth weight and then some. We were so thrilled. At her 2 week appt, she at gained more than a pound. Her doctor was SO happy. This girl loves to eat! We've spent most of our days just hanging out. I could watch her sleep all day!


Her personality is slowly beginning to stand out. Her smiles just melt my heart, and I love the way she nuzzles into my chest and cuddles both me and her Dad. She loves her car seat, and will go for a ride any time of day. It's a great way to get her fast asleep if we're having a fussy afternoon!


She also loves her bath! We recently started a nightly routine and she can't wait to get in and splash around. She has already outgrown her small bath in the sink, and is ready for her bath in the tub. This should be fun!



Ella recently turned 2 months old! It's so hard to believe. She has already changed so much. She currently weighs 11 pounds, 10 ounces and is 22.5 inches long! Ella smiles all the time, giggles, rubs her eyes when she's tired, and continues to develop her unique sounds. She's also quite the mover during tummy time. I have a feeling she'll be crawling before we know it. Yikes!


I love this sweet girl so much and can't wait to see what lies ahead.....

2 comments:

  1. Each and every one of these pictures is too precious for words. I can't get over how big your baby girl is. Just love those monthly pics! Can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray....another darling new mommy blog. I LOVE IT!!! I look forward to meeting your little one someday. She sure is a CUTIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete